Alfred Castillo here, the Sprinkler Warehouse pro. Let’s install some button drip emitters.
Running Micro Tubing From Your Mainline
Button emitters usually come in half-gallon, gallon, and two gallons per hour. Most manufacturers color code them by emission rate, which makes it really easy to see what you have installed where. One way to use button emitters is to run a length of micro tubing from your mainline.
Now I’m using a quarter-inch barb connector and slipping it into a length of micro tubing. If you’re having difficulty or you just want to save the wear and tear on your fingertips, you can put the micro tubing in some warm water to soften it.
- I’m going to punch a little hole here in my three-quarter-inch poly tubing.
- And now I’ll insert the barb fitting into the quarter-inch poly. You’ll usually get a nice little pop sound that lets you know it’s seated correctly.
- I can now cut this micro tubing to the desired length.
- Then I’ll shove in the button emitter. A support stake can keep your emitter from sitting in the dirt and help you to point it directly to your plant’s roots.
- What I have here are inline emitters. They have barbs on both ends.
- To install these, run your micro tubing to the length that will need to reach your plants.
- Now cut the tubing where you want your drip emitter.
- Wiggle in the emitter then wiggle on the rest of the micro tubing.
- Remember to install an end plug or standard button emitter at the end of your micro tubing run.
You can also install button emitters directly to your mainline. This is handy when you run into a situation where your mainline tubing happens to be right next to a plant that you want to water. To do this, punch a hole in your mainline tubing and shove in the button emitter – easy as pie.
This is an insertion tool. Got this off the Sprinkler Warehouse web store. It makes putting emitters into the mainline quite a bit easier. While we’re here, I thought I show you these cute little emitters. Both of these are one gallon per hour emitters and they’re a fun way to spice up your garden.
Remember, Sprinkler Warehouse has everything for your irrigation needs so your trees, lawn, flower beds, and gardens are lush and beautiful. If you have any questions about our products give us a call or chat with one of our incredible customer service agents on sprinklerwarehouse.com. For Sprinkler Warehouse, I’m Alfred Castillo, your Sprinkler Warehouse pro.