Answers To Your Most Asked Questions About Irrigation Systems
This article is a brief diagram that answers your most frequently asked questions about irrigation systems. This includes, “what to do when pop-up won’t come up” and “what kind of controller do I need?” Click here to shop for irrigation supplies at the Sprinkler Warehouse.
Below is a written-out version of the frequently asked irrigation questions from the diagram above.
Pop-up won’t pop up:
- Do the other sprinkler heads on the zone pop up?
- Grown over with grass?
- Is there any sign of a leak or broken line?
- Do you see water leaking from or around the shaft?
What kind of controller do I need?
- How many zones do you need?
- Do you want local or internet controlled?
- Will it go indoors or outside?
- Do you want it expandable?
There is no display on the controller.
- Is it plugged in?
- Are there any loose connections?
- Does it have a fuse?
- Does it have a reset button?
Valve won’t come on
- 24 volts from the controller?
- Will it come on with a bleed screw?
- Are the connections good?
- Is solenoid good?
To learn more about common irrigation problems and how to fix them, visit Troubleshooting at Sprinkler School.