Today we’re covering how to install or change out a nozzle on a Hunter PGP-ADJ, the best-selling rotor in the industry since 1981. I’m Dwayne Smith. Sprinkler Warehouse Product Specialist. Let’s get started.
Installing A Nozzle On A Hunter PGP-ADJ Rotor
- To install a nozzle on a PGP-ADJ you’ll need your nozzle tree, a key like this one, and a nozzle insertion collar. It is possible to do this without a collar, but it’s so much easier with one of these and they’re really cheap. So I’d go ahead and get one if you don’t already have one.
- This hole at the top is the lifting socket. Take the plastic end of your key and insert it down in that hole, twist, and pull up. Use the collar to hold it in place, then set it back down.
- Now there’s a screw that is down in there that you can see right here. It’s accessed by this little raised area. If you can see the screw sticking down into the nozzle hole, then you’ll need to back it out so you can get the nozzle in. So, insert the tool here and you’re going to unscrew it counterclockwise until it is completely out of there. So, now you can pull this out with a pair of needle-nose pliers or you can pull it out with a flathead screwdriver.
- Now, break the appropriate nozzle off of your nozzle tree. The two little wings on this go up. The hole right here heads down at an angle. So when you insert this it’s going to have to head downward.
- You can insert this with just your finger. Make sure the two little wings right here line up with the divot where the screw comes down. Now you need to twist the screw back down into that area to hold a nozzle in place. Screw the screw down enough to cover the top part of the nozzle.
- Now hold the riser. And slip off the collar. And let the riser go.
- Now on this nozzle tree, you can see there are these little round disks right here. What you can do is break off the disk that matches the nozzle and put it in the hole right here.
- Now from the top of the rotor, you can see which nozzle is installed. And this rotor is ready to install in the ground.
Remember Sprinkler Warehouse has everything you need to make your trees, lawn, flower beds, and gardens lush and beautiful. Questions? Chat with one of our awesome customer service agents on Sprinkler Warehouse dot com. They really do know their stuff and they’ll get you squared away.
Contact Sprinkler Warehouse For More Information On Hunter PGP-ADJ Adjustments
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for helpful tips, tutorials, and general sprinkler instruction. Shop Sprinkler Warehouse for professional quality at rock bottom prices.