Why Drip Irrigation is The Answer
When supplying water to all of the commercially potted plants in a city it is not recommended to send someone out to water the plants by hand. A drip watering system can save money and water for commercial potted plants.
It is simple to install irrigation into a potted plant both from the bottom through the soil, or simply dragging a drip line to the surface of the pot. Sprinkler Warehouse is happy to provide knowledge to businesses on how to install drip irrigation for any potted plants.
How to Install: Commercial Potted Plants
- Install 1/4″ Polyethylene pipe, this will feed all of the flower pots.
- From the 1/4″ mainline you will run a section of 1/4″ solid tubing to each flower pot. Poke a hole in the tubing with a hole punch. Insert a 1/4″ barbed connector into the hole in the 1/2″ tubing. Connect the 1/4″ solid tubing to the other end of the connector.
- Run a length of 1/4″ solid tubing into the pot. Or from underneath the pot. At this point, you can install your desired Drip Emitter inside the XBD-80 manifold
Advantages of Drip Irrigation in Commercial Potted Plants
- Saves 70% water
- eliminates overspray and run-off
- reduces maintenance, and improves seed germination
Note: Don’t add too many drip emitters as this can reduce the overall delivery capabilities of your system.
Do you need supplies to get started with installing your commercial potted plants? Click here to shop for irrigation kits, controllers, emitters, and more!